Last Updated: May 31, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text message updates, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, make a donation, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
In addition, Illinois law and Illinois State Board of Elections regulations may require us to collect certain personal information from certain individuals and organizations.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site. In addition, we may use third party services, such as Google Analytics, which collect, monitor, and analyze this information.
• Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular , and count visits. We may also collect information u sing web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, we may use voter file information for list matching and other purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Site and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
• Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
• Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests to get involved with the campaign, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Site;
• Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
• Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations, and support for Paul Vallas for All Chicago and for candidates, issues, and organizations that we support;
• Contact you if we need additional information, such as if you leave fields blank on a form or if other information is necessary under State or Federal election laws;
• Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location, and campaign events near you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
• Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take;
• Notify and contact contest or sweepstakes entrants; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Vallas for Mayor is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
• With vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
• With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
• To report required information to the Illinois State Board of Elections, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $ 150 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the Illinois State Board of Elections website at http://www.elections.il.gov);
• When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Vallas for Mayor, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Vallas for Mayor; and
• With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that t he information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more
information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about Internet – based ads, or to opt-out of having your web browsing in formation used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit
Vallas for Mayor takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt-out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.
A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board’s official website (www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois; Contributions or gifts to Vallas for Mayor are not tax deductible.