Vallas for Mayor Terms and Conditions of Use
Date of Last Revision: May 31, 2022
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms or any policy or guideline of the Sites, at any time and at our sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Sites, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of these Sites following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
All questions or comments about the Sites or site content should be directed here:
2. Mobile Communications. If you request to receive updates or other information by mobile phone or text message (the “SMS Service”), you consent to receiving periodic text messages from us and our otherwise communicating with you via your mobile device. We do not charge for this SMS Service, but your carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply. By requesting or otherwise using the SMS Service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the SMS Service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
3. Copyright and Limited License. Unless otherwise indicated in the Sites, the Sites and all content and other materials on the Sites, including, without limitation, Paul Vallas for All Chicago’s logo, and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, tools, widgets, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Site Materials”) are the proprietary property of Paul Vallas for All Chicago or its licensors or users and are protected by the U.S. and international copyright laws.
You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Sites and the Site Materials for your informational, non-commercial, and personal use only. Such license is subject to these Terms and does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Sites or the Site Materials therein; (b) the reproduction, distribution, public performance or public display of any Site Materials, except as expressly permitted on the Site; (c) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Sites and the Site Materials, or any portion thereof; (d) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (e) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Sites, the Site Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Sites; or (f) any use of the Sites or the Site Materials other than for its intended purpose. Any use of the Sites or the Site Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of Vallas for Mayor, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
4. Trademarks. All logos and slogans contained in the Sites are trademarks of Vallas for Mayor, its suppliers or licensors, or other third parties and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Vallas for Mayor or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing “ Vallas for Mayor ” or any other name, trademark, or product or service name of Vallas for Mayor without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of Vallas for Mayor and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, and company names or logos mentioned in the Sites are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation thereof by us.
5. Hyperlinks. You may not use a Vallas for Mayor logo or other proprietary graphics of Vallas for Mayor to link to these Sites without the express written permission of Vallas for Mayor. Further, you may not use, frame, or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Vallas for Mayor trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Sites, the content of any text, or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page on the Sites without Vallas for Mayor’s express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of Vallas for Mayor or any third party.
Vallas for Mayor makes no claim or representation regarding and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature, or reliability of third-party Web sites accessible by hyperlink from the Sites, or Web sites linking to the Sites. Such sites are not under the control of Vallas for Mayor and Vallas for Mayor is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. Vallas for Mayor provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by Vallas for Mayor of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave the Sites, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Sites.
6. Third-Party Content. We may make third party information and other content available on or through the Sites (the “Third Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information and we may provide information regarding or access to third-party products or services available on or through the Sites (“Third Party Products and Services”). Your business dealings or correspondence with such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated therewith, are solely between you and such third party. Vallas for Mayor does not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content or Third Party Products, and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third Party Content, including without limitation regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that Vallas for Mayor is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. Users use such Third Party Content contained therein at their own risk.
7. Advertisements and Promotions; Third-Party Products and Services. Vallas for Mayor may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site or may otherwise provide information about or links to third-party organizations, products, or services on the Site. Your dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings or promotions are solely between you and such third party. Vallas for Mayor is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of such non-Vallas for Mayor advertisers or third party information on the Site.
8. Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding the Site or Vallas for Mayor that is provided by you in the form of email or other submissions to Vallas for Mayor, or any postings on the Sites, are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Vallas for Mayor. Vallas for Mayor shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these materials for any purpose without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
9. Registration Data; Account Security. In consideration of your use of the Sites, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Sites (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password, if any, and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Vallas for Mayor, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to Vallas for Mayor.
10. Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY VALLAS FOR MAYOR, THE SITES, THE SITE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (THE “SERVICES”) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. VALLAS FOR MAYOR DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND AS TO ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, FORMS OR OTHER SITE MATERIALS ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE. VALLAS FOR MAYOR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITES, THE SITE MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE.
VALLAS FOR MAYOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY. WHILE VALLAS FOR MAYOR ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES SAFE, VALLAS FOR MAYOR CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITES, THE SITE MATERIALS OR THE SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY – RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD. VALLAS FOR MAYOR IS ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY ACTIVITIES OR EVENTS LISTED ON THE SITES OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY EVENT OR ACTIVITY ORGANIZERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE SITES.
Vallas for Mayor reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Sites and any Services offered through the Sites at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation there with, by Vallas for Mayor.
11. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL VALLAS FOR MAYOR, ANY APPLICABLE JOINT COMMITTEE MEMBERS, OR OUR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR VOLUNTEERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE SITE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM VALLAS FOR MAYOR, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO VALLAS FOR MAYOR’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF VALLAS FOR MAYOR OR ANY APPLICABLE JOINT COMMITTEE MEMBERS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES OR THE SITE MATERIALS EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO VALLAS FOR MAYOR FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OF LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
12. Applicable Law and Venue. These Terms and your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the state of Illinois, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be filed only in the state and federal courts located in the state of Illinois and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms.
13. Termination. Notwithstanding any of these Terms, Vallas for Mayor reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Sites, and to block or prevent future your access to and use of the Sites.
14. Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
15. Questions & Contact Information. Questions or comments about the Sites may be directed to Vallas for Mayor at